Rainhill CC Club Constitution
- Name 1.1 - The name of the Club is Rainhill Cricket Club.1.2 - The address of the Club is Rainhill Cricket Club, c/o of Mr J Rotheram, The Recreation Ground, Victoria Terrace, Rainhill, PRESCOT, L35 0LH.
- Club Purposes- The purposes of the Club are to foster and promote participation in the sport of cricket within the community, providing facilities for playing cricket, opportunities for recreation, coaching and competition.
- Affiliation3.1 - The Club is affiliated to the England & Wales Cricket Board through the Lancashire County Board.3.2 - The Club and its members shall ensure that members, playing and non-playing, abide by the ECB Code of Conduct which incorporates the Spirit of Cricket and the Laws of Cricket.3.3 - The Club shall adopt and implement the ECB Safe Hands - Cricket's Policy for Safeguarding Children and any future versions of the policy.3.4 - The Club shall adopt and implement the ECB Cricket Equity Policy and any future versions of this policy.
- Permitted means of advancing the Purposes- The Management Committee has the power to:4.1 - Acquire and provide grounds, equipment, coaching, training and playing facilities, clubhouse, transport, medical and related facilities;4.2 - Provide coaching, training, medical treatment, and related social and other facilities;4.3 - Take out any insurance for club committee, employees, contractors, players, guests and third parties;4.4 - Raise funds by appeals, subscriptions, loans and charges;4.5 - Borrow money and give security for the same, and open bank accounts;4.6 - Buy, lease or licence property and sell, let or otherwise dispose of the same provided that no disposal of the Rainhill Cricket Club can be made without the prior written approval of the members voting at a general meeting;4.7 - Make grants and loans and give guarantees and provide other benefits;4.8 - Set aside or apply funds for special purposes or as reserves;4.9 - Deposit or invest funds in any lawful manner;4.10 - Employ and engage staff and others and provide services;4.11 - Co-operate with any organisation, club, sporting body, government or government-related agencies; and4.12 - do all other things reasonably necessary to advance the purposes.NONE of the above powers may be used other than to advance the purposes consistently with the Rules below and the general law.
- Membership (all playing members have to be registered online www.rainhillcc.play-cricket.com)5.1 - Membership of the Club shall be open to anyone interested in the sport on application regardless of sex, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefts. However, limitation of membership according to available facilities is allowable on a non discriminatory basis.5.2 - The Club may have different classes of membership, subscription and/or match fees on a non-discriminatory and fair basis. The Club will have an equitable pricing policy and will keep subscriptions and/or match fees at levels that will not pose a significant obstacle to people participating.5.3 - The level of subscriptions and match fees will be decided by the Annual General Meeting from time to time and notified to the members.5.4 - The Club will have the following classes of membership:5.4.1 - Full member - playing5.4.2 - Social member - Non-playing5.4.3 - Youth member (Under 18)5.4.4 - Junior member (Under 16)5.4.5 - Family member5.4.6 - Life Member - In recognition of extraordinary service, the AGM may confer Life Membership upon a Club Member.5.5 - Application for membership of the Club shall be by completion of a membership application form.5.6 - No person shall be eligible to take part in the business of the Club, vote at general meetings or be eligible for selection for any Club team unless the applicalbe subscription and/or match fees have been paid by the due date and/or membership has been agreed by the Management Committee.5.7 - The Management Committee may refuse membership, or remove it, at their discretion but only for good cause such as conduct or character likely to bring the Club or cricket into disrepute and:5.7.1 - The Management Committee may only refuse to admit a new member if a resolution is passed at a meeting where the person in question has been notified in writing in advance and been given 14 days to submit written representations for the Management Committee to consider at the meeting. Appeal against a refusal of membership shall be to the Appeal Committee as detailed below.5.7.2 - The procedure for taking disciplinary action against a member, including removing membership, is dealt with in more detail below.5.8 - All members will be subject to these Rules and by joining the Club will be deemed to accept these Rules, any Club Regulations and any Codes of Conduct that the Club has adopted. A Code of Conduct for Members and Guests must be displayed prominently to ensure that all Club guests and non-member volunteers aware of the code and the requiremnt to abide by it.5.9 - The Club Secretary will keep a register of members.5.10 - Membership is not transferable and shall cease on death.5.11 - A member may resign by written notice to the Club, but the return of any subscription paid is at the discretion of the Management Committee.
- All General Meetings6.1 - All members may attend all general meetings of the Club in person.6.2 - All full members have one vote.6.3 - Members must be given at least 14 clear days notice of all general meetings.6.4 - The quorum for all general meetings is 12 Full Members.6.5 - If a quorum is not present within 15 minutes of the start of the meeting, the meeting will be adjourned to the following week at the same time and place or such other time and place as the Management Committee decide and any voting members attending the adjourned meeting will constitute a quorum.6.6 - The Chair or (in his or her absence) another member chosen at the meeting by the members shall preside.6.7 - Except as otherwise provided in these Rules or in Club Regulations every resolution shall be decided by a simple majority of the votes cast on a show of hands.6.8 - Formalities in connection with general meetings (such as how to put down resolutions) shall be decided by the Management Committee in Club Regulations and publicised to Club members.
- Annual General MeetingsThe Club will hold an AGM once in every calendar year and not more than 15 months afther the last AGM. At every AGM:7.1.1 - the Full Members will elect a Management Committee including a Chair, Treasurer and Secretary to serve until the next AGM.7.1.2 - the Treasurer will produce accounts of the Club for the latest financial year audited as the Management Committee shall decide;7.1.3 - the Management Committee will present a report on the Club's activities since the previous AGM;7.1.4 - the Members will appoint a suitable person to audit the accounts; and7.1.5 - the Members will discuss and vote on any resolution (whether about policy or to change the Rules) and deal with any other business put to the meeting.
- Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM)An EGM shall be called by the Secretary within 14 days of a request to that effect from the Management Committee or on the request of not less than 12 members signed by them. Such EGM shall be held on not less than 10 nor more than 14 days' notice at a place decided upon by the Management Committee or in default by the Chair. If the Management Committee fails to call a meeting within 14 days of receiving a valid request from the members then the requisitionists may themselves call a meeting, the costs of which will be reimbursed by the Club.
- The Managment Committee9.1 - RoleSubject to these Rules the Management Committee shall have responsibility for the management of the Club, its funds, property and affairs.9.2 - Property, etc.9.2.1 - The property and funds of the Club cannot be used for the direct or indirect private benefit of members other than as reasonably allowed by the Rules.9.2.2 - The Club may provide sporting and related social facilities, sporting equipment, coaching, courses, insurance cover, medical treatment, away-match expenses, post match refreshments and other ordinary benefits of Community Amateur Sports Clubs as provided for in the Corporation Tax Act 2010.9.2.3. - The Club may also in connection with the sports purposes of the Club:(a) sell and supply food, drink and related sports clothing and equipment;(b) employ members and remunerate them for playing, providing goods and services, on fair terms set by the Management Committee without the person concerned being present;(c) pay for reasonable hospitality for visiting teams and guests; and(d) indemnify the Management Committee and members acting properly in the course of the running of the Club (but only to the extent of its assets).9.2.4 - The Management Committee will have due regard to the law on disability discrimination and the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.9.3 - Composition, etc9.3.1 - The Club wil be managed by the Management Committee consisting of at least 8 and more more than 13 members (including Officers) - viz. The Officers, Senior Team Camptains and two Elected Members. Only these Officers will have the right to vote at meetings of the Management Committee. The Chairman/woman shall have a casting vote.9.3.2 - The Management Committee members may co-opt club members (up to the maximum permitted number) to serve until the end of the next AGM.9.3.3 - Any Management Committee member may be re-elected or re-co-opted without limit.9.3.4 - A Management Committee member ceases to be such if he or she:(a) Ceases to be a member of the Club; or(b) Resigns by written notice to the Club; or(c) is removed by the Management Committee in accordance with clauses 5.7 and 10.9.4 - Management Committee Meetings.9.4.1 - Meetings.The Management Committee will be convened by the Secretary of the Club and hold no less than six meetings per year.9.4.2 - Appointment of Captains and Vice-Captains Captains and Vice-Captains of Senior Teams shall be appointed by the Management Committee.9.4.3 - Disciplinary Hearings.The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the Club rules/regulations/constitution.The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.9.4.4 - Whenever a Management Committee member has a personal interest in a matter to be discussed he/she must declare it, withdraw from that part of the meeting (unless asked to stay), not be counted in the quorum for that agenda item and withdraw during the vote and have no vote on the matter concerned.9.4.5 - The Management Committee may decide its own way of operating. Unless it otherwise resolves the following rules apply: (a) At least six Management Committee members must be present for the meeting to be valid; (b) Management Committee meetings may be held either in person or by telephone, televisual or other electronic or virtual means agreed by the Management Committee in which all participants may communicate simultaneously with all other participants; (c) The Chair or whoever else those present choose shall chair meetings; (d) Decisions shall be by simple majority of those voting; (e) A resolution in writing signed by every Management Committee member shall be valide without a meeting; and (f) The Chair of the meeting shall have a casting vote.9.4.6 - The Management Committee shall appoint a Club Welfare Officer to ensure compliance with safeguarding legislation and the ECB Safe Hands policy. The club Secretary of the Club and hold no less than six meetings per year.9.4.7 - Appointment of Captains and Vice-Captains, Captains and Vice-Captains of Senior Teams shall be appointed by the Management Committee.9.4.8 - Disciplinary Hearings.The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the Club rules/regulations/constitution. The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action or suspension or discipline following such hearings.9.4.9 - Whenever a Management Committee member has a personal interest in a matter to be discussed he/she must declare it, withdraw from that part of the meeting (unless asked to stay), not be counted in the quorum for that agenda item and withdraw during the vote and have no vote on the matter concerned.9.4.10 - The Management Committee may decide its own way of operating. Unless it otherwise resolves the following rules apply: (a) At least six Management Committee members must be present for the meeting to be valid; (b) Management Committee meetings may be held either in person or by telephone, televisual or other electronic or virtual means agreed by the Management Committee in which all particpants (c) The Chair or whoever else those present choose shall Chair meetings; (d) Decisions shall be by simple majority of those voting; (e) A resolution in writing signed by every Management Committee member shall be valid without a meeting; and (f) The Chair of the meeting shall have a casting vote.9.4.11 - The Management Committee shall appoint a Club Welfare Officer to ensure compliance with safeguarding legislation and the ECB Safe Hands policy. The Club Welfare Officer shall report to relevant Management Committee meetings and the reports, together with any action taken, must be minuted.9.5 - Bank AccountAny bank account in which any part of the Club's funds are deposited shall be operated by the Management Committee and shall be held in the name of the Club. Unless regulations state otherwise, all cheques and orders for payment of money from such accounts must be signed by at least two people authorised by the Management Committee, including at least one Management Committee member.9.6 - Delegation, etc.The Management Committee may delegate any of their functions to sub-committees which must be chaired by a member of the Management Committee, but must specify the scope of its activity and powers; the extent to which it can commit the funds of the Club; its membership; its duty to report back to the Management Committee. The Management Committee may wind up any sub-committee at any time or change its mandae and operating terms.9.7 - Disclosure.Annual club reports and statements of account must be made available for inspection by any Management Committee member
- Selection Committee.10.1 - The Selection Committee shall consist of the Chairman/woman, Captains and Vice-Captians of the Senior XI's and the Fixture Secretary and Youth Officer. This committee shall be responsible for the notification of palyers for senior teams.10.2 - The youth representative may be required to attend such meetings.
- Finance Committee11.1 - The Finance Committee shall assist the Treasurer in planning and executing the Club budget.11.2 - Members shall be elected at the AGM and will have particular responsibility for fund raising.11.3 - All decisions shall be reported to the Management Committee and shall be made on the basis of majority decisions.11.4 - All Club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the Club.11.5 - The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the Club.11.6 - The financial year of the Club will end on 31st October.11.7 - An audited statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting.11.8 - Any cheques drawn against Club funds should hold the signatures of the Treasurer and one other member.Should a Member's Subscription and/or match fees be in arrears he/she shall cease to be a member and forfeit any privileges of membership until the subscription/match fee is paid.
- Removal of Membership, Discipline and Appeals12.1 - Any complaints regarding the behaviour of members, guests or volunteers should be lodged in writing with the Secretary.12.2 - Any person that is the subject of a written complaint or appeal shall be notified of the procedures to be followed by the relevant committee in reasonable time to prepare for any hearing.12.3 - The Management Committee shall appoint a Disciplinary Sub-committee, who will meet to hear complaints with 14 days of a complaint being lodged. Any person requested to attend a Disciplinary Sub-Committee shall be entitled to be accompanied by a friend or other representative and to call witnesses. The Disciplinary Sub-Committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action on behalf of the Management Committee, including the termination of membership and/or exclusion from Club premises.12.4 - The outcome of the disciplinary hearing shall be put in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the person against whom the complaint was made within 7 days following the hearing.12.5 - There shall be a right of appeal to the Recreation Club within 14 days of receipt of the disciplinary decision or decision to refuse membership:12.5.1 - Against the Disciplinary Sub-Committee's findings or the sanction imposed or both; and12.5.2 - Against the Management Committee's refusal to admit a new member.
- Property Trustees13.1 - Any property or assets of the Club may be vested in between two and four trustees. The trustees shall hold the same for and on behalf of the members of the Club.13.2 - The Management Committee shall have power by notice in writing to appoint such trustees from the membership of the Club, and may remove them at any time, by resolution of the Management Committee.13.3 - The Trustees shall deal with the Club's property and assets as directed by the Management Committee from time to time.13.4 - The Trustees shall be entitled to be indemnified against any cost or expense properly incurred in dealing with the property or the assets out of the Club's funds.
- Club Regulations14.1 - The Management Committee may make Club Regulations consistent with these Rules and will publicise these to the members.
- Notices15.1 - Notices to be sent out in accordance with these Rules may be sent by hand, by post or by suitable electronic means and will be treated as being received:15.1.1 - 24 hours aftere being sent by electronic means or delivered by hand to the relevant address;15.1.2 - Two clear days after being sent by first class post; or15.1.3 - Three clear days after being sent by second class post.15.2 - Notice of all general meetings must also be put on the Club's notice board(s) and website.15.3 - A technical defect in the giving of notice of which the members or the Management Committee are unaware at the time does not invalidate decisions taken at a meeting.
- Amendments16.1 - These Rules may be amended at an AGM by resolution passed by two-thirds of the votes cast.
- Winding Up the Club17.1 - The members may vote wind up the Club if not less than three quarters of those present and voting support that proposal at a property convened general meeting.17.2 - The Management Committe will then be responsible for the orderly winding up of the Club's affairs.17.3 - After settling all liabilities of the Club, the Committee shall dispose of the net assets remaining to one or more of the following:17.3.1 - to another Club with similar sports purposes which is a charity; and/or17.3.2 - to another Club with similar purposes which is a registered CASC; and/or17.3.3 - to the Club's national governing body for use by them for related community sports.
Signed: _______________________ President - Date: / /
Signed: _______________________ Chairman - Date: / /